- “The People as a Natural Disaster: Redemptive Violence in Jacobin Political Thought,” in American Political Science Review.
- “The Demands of Glory: Tocqueville and Terror in Algeria,” in The Review of Politics.
- “‘Does Democracy End in Terror?’ Transformations of Antitotalitarianism in Postwar France.” Modern Intellectual History 14, no. 2 (2017): 537-563.
- “What Does Queer Theory Teach Us About Intersectionality?” Politics & Gender 8, no. 3 (2012): 370-386.
- In Defense of the Terror: Liberty or Death in the French Revolution. By Sophie Wahnich. The Journal of Politics 28, no. 4 (2016), pp. e21-e22.
Journalism and Popular Articles
- “Gender Trouble in France” for Jacobin Magazine Online. Interview with Camille Robcis, December 8, 2014.